So you think you have what it takes to compete in the International Anatomy Olympiad? First, you need to check some boxes.
This year the olympiad will take place on August 26-27th, 2022. So mark your calendar!
The tasks will cover all organ systems. The olympiad is intended for 1st year medical students, however, it may be more suitable for 2nd year students if the anatomy course is taught over 2 years at your university.
Teams of 3 will take part in the olympiad.
There is no participation fee.
Unfortunately, we cannot reimburse travel or accommodation expenses for participants. We encourage participants to discuss the possibility of reimbursing the related costs with their universities.
Your destination will be Tartu, Estonia. The competition will be held at the Biomedicum (Faculty of Medicine):
Biomedicum, Ravila 19, Tartu, Estonia, 50412
We will also spend some time at the New Anatomical Theatre:
New Anatomical Theatre, Näituse 2, Tartu, Estonia, 50409
You may decide to arrive in Tartu:
- By car
- By bus (intercity busses from Tallinn, Riga, Vilnius… to Tartu) (https://www.tpilet.ee/en/)
- By train (from Tallinn) (https://elron.ee/en)
- By airplane: Tallinn airport, Tartu airport (to and from Helsinki only)
You may travel within Tartu:
- On foot (recommended – the distance between Biomedicum and Old Anatomical Theatre is 2,6 km)
- By car – free parking is available close to Biomedicum (Physicum parking lot, see map) and around the city (https://www.parkimine.ee/en/parking/tartu/)
- By Tartu city busses (https://tartu.pilet.ee/pages/contactless-payments)
- By Tartu Smart Bike Share (https://tartu.ee/en/bikeshare) -takes some time to set it up.
- By taxy or Bolt/Uber (https://tartu.ee/en/taxis)
Some possible locations for a good night’s sleep. You may prefer to arrive the evening before in order to avoid an early morning travel.
- Tartu Downtown Hostel (https://tartuhostel.ee/en/)
- Hektor Hostel (https://hektorhostels.com/)
- TerviseksBBB (https://www.facebook.com/TerviseksBBB/)
- Airbnb (https://www.airbnb.com/)
- Couchsurfing (https://www.couchsurfing.com/)
We will provide lunch and dinner on the first day and lunch on the second day. Refreshments will be available to maintain our contestants in good spirits.
You can find a map with all the important places marked here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1sJEP1bZ68FN6o8B-IcyRDkHMBnZ_Fg3R&usp=sharing